How Green Are We?
How Green are we? Wash Club NYC is passionately committed to eco-friendly practices to minimize the impact of cleaning clothes on the environment. This commitment is our passion and we accomplish this goal in several ways:
- Employ a perc-free dry cleaning environment for customers and staff
- Recycle plastic wraps and hangers
- Utilize organic/biodegradable detergents to reduce the amount of chemicals that enters our water and is often gentler on your skin
- Support use of environmentally sustainable packaging
- Use high-efficiency washer-dryer equipment
- Provide reusable bags for laundry
Making green a foundation of our business has created deeper customer loyalty and recognition that doing business with Wash Club NYC has benefits beyond simple laundry services. We make a difference to your health, your family’s health and the environment.
If you have a top-loading washing machine from the last century, chances are it uses twice as much water per load than a newer machine. Front-loading washing machines (also sometimes called “horizontal axis” machines) bearing the Energy Star logo typically use between 18 and 25 gallons per load, compared to the 40 gallons for older machines.